5 months ago
This position works within the Engineering department and is responsible for the control and filing of all engineering documents. This is a diverse role where a range of tasks are performed on a daily basis. Must be detail oriented, highly organized, and systematic in their approach to work. Must work within the established systems and procedures that are in place to control all documentation. Must be familiar with “revision control” of documentation where proper history and accuracy are maintained. This position regularly interacts with employees from all departments and may take-on coming phone calls and therefore must be personable and professional. A positive and flexible attitude is important.
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Distribution of documentation to the manufacturing shop floor and re-filing of returned documentation.
• Maintaining computer logs for tracking documentation.
• Maintains revision control of engineering documentation and customer specifications.
• Issue and track change notices for revisions.
• Create/Update BOM’s and production routers in the ERP system
• Receive and organize customer drawing, specification, CID’s, etc…
• Maintain concession trackers to include all customer RFI
• Answers phones when necessary.
• Perform administrative duties for other departments.
• Undertake projects involving new documentation systems or improvement of existing systems.
• Customer web site monitoring for changes to documentation.
• Post high school education is desired.
• Candidate should have 2-3 years’ experience in an administrative role.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.