For an immediate start
Reporting to: Head of Line and Base Maintenance.
Based at: Apple Aviation HQ, Frodsham, Cheshire.
A growing Aerospace Services company have an opportunity for an Engineering Account Manager to join its Engineering Team focussed in delivering Aircraft and Engine related Services to its growing Customer base. Reporting to the Head of Line and Base this role would suit a candidate with prior aircraft / engine mechanic experience.
Prime accountability is to ensure Services (Line Stations / Adhoc aircraft and engine services/projects) are managed and fully meet Customers’ expectations. Development of work schedules, day to day operations and plans, their control, monitoring and management of Engineers to a successful Service conclusion.
Duties include assisting the Head of Line and Base Maintenance and Commercial departments to initially establish capability and resources required to form new Line Stations. This is a challenging and rewarding role for the right candidate, working in a close-knit professional and aspirational team.
All Services delivered by Apple Aviation throughout their designated Line and Base Maintenance Stations, and field (remote) locations, are taken with the objective to achieve the highest possible standard of technical reliability and On Time Performance for its Customers.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Project planning, control estimation and Engineers management;
- Manage all aspects of a Customer project, including manpower, logistics, equipment and tooling, dealing and negotiating with supplier’s, project expenses, ensuring projects are SMART;
- Provide timely and accurate estimations for Scheduled and Unscheduled Customer Work requests, including evaluation of man-hours, resources, and all attributable costs;
- Planning and control of Projects in accordance and compliant to maintenance technical data and Airworthiness regulatory requirements;
- Assist with the evaluation and setting up of resources for the development of new Customer bases and line stations;
- Manage Line Station activities to maintain On-Time Performance to Customer;
- Problem solving and awareness of repetitive defects to help mitigate Engineering costs.
- Maintain effective Customer relations;
- Maintain effective and influential internal communications with Apple Aviation maintenance personnel, Engineering, Commercial and Finance Accounts.
Ideal candidate requirement will have;
- Experience in a planning and Maintenance Control desirable, or have maintained civil aircraft types practical experience. Mechanic / Engineer;
- Working knowledge of OEM’s aircraft/component maintenance planning document (MPD) and Operators aircraft maintenance schedule or program (AMS, AMP);
- Familiarisation with EASA Part 145 and Part M requirements, Awareness of Human Factors (HF), Fuel Tank Safety (FTS), Electrical Wiring Interconnect System (EWIS) and Critical Design Configuration Control Limitations (CDCCL);
- Apprenticeship aerospace background, with ONC / HNC mechanical and production engineering desirable;
- Good Knowledge of Aircraft AMM and maintenance manual procedures;
- Good working knowledge of IT and MS Office applications;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Flexible, with the ability to work well under pressure;
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours will be necessary;
- Travel overseas and UK locations at short notice;
- Proactive, self-motivated, sound judgement and decision making with attention to detail;
- Good time management skills;
- Eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom (UK).
Salary: from £32000+ per Annum based on experience.
To apply for this role or for further information contact Chief Technical Officer Stuart Blatch.