5 months ago
Location: DAY PSA Corporate HDQ (DAY-PSAH)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 24724
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Information Technology Team, within the Information Technology Division. This position will be responsible for designing, engineering and administering the infrastructure in the data center and some remote locations. Additionally, this role will coordinate with the application teams and field stations to ensure performance and stability of the environment.
Specifically, you'll do the following:
* Designs, engineers and deploys systems at PSA and American Airlines data centers and remote locations
* Provides support to other technology teams, such as Networking and Telecommunications
* Collaborates with project managers, other engineers, architects, administrators and customers to deliver projects on time and within budget
* Develops documentation for requirements, architectural designs, engineering drawings and diagrams, as well as operational policies and procedures
* Develops and documents best practices for system installation, deployment and operation
* Manages technology proof of concept selection criteria, evaluation and testing
* Explores and stays abreast of new technologies that can bring value to the organization
* Encourages an environment of sharing and team work among the project teams
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
* 3 years of experience as a systems or infrastructure engineer, including Microsoft Server Operating systems
* Ability to analyze complex problems and implement solutions and/or workarounds
* Experience in DevOps Toolchain methodologies, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
* Demonstrated experience with:
* Windows Server Operating Systems – 2012/2016
* VMWare – Version 6.5
* EMC’s Integrated Data Protection Appliance (IDPA)
* HP’s SympliVity Platform
* Microsoft Active Directory
* ITIL and ITSM models
* Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge
* Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices
* Proficiency in Agile project management methodology, specifically within the infrastructure area
* Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
* Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
* 5+ years of experience as a systems or infrastructure engineer, including Microsoft Server Operating systems
* 5+ years of experience managing server networking (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, firewalls, LAN, WAN, WLAN, etc.)
* 3+ years of experience with server hardware, VMWare, Data Protection Software
* 3+ years of experience managing Microsoft Active Directory
* Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
* Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration and negotiation skills
* Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 24724
Nearest Major Market: Dayton
Nearest Secondary Market: Cincinnati
Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineer, Systems Engineer, Information Systems, Technology, Engineering