4 months ago
Location: AA Headquarters 1 (DFW-HDQ1)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 28068
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Information Technology Team, within the Information Technology Division.
The successful candidate will possess a deep knowledge in software testing methodologies, including the AGILE development framework and system development life cycle (SDLC). This knowledge and experience will be used to design, write, and maintain test plans, scenarios, and scripts for various American Airline Operations Program integration application development efforts. The engineer will also be responsible for performing functional testing, integration testing, non-functional testing, and production support testing of these various applications using the plans, tools, and automated test scripts developed. The engineer’s technical skills may also be utilized to create automated test scripts, and may at times require them to construct test tools and scripts to be used by themselves and other test engineers. After test phases, the engineer will create testing summary reports, clearly communicating to AA management and clients, all testing results. Finally, the engineer will participate in the prioritization of defects to be fixed using an understanding of the business requirements and the needs of the customer.
In addition, the successful applicant will perform successfully as both an individual contributor and a team player as part of the Project Support Team. They will consult with business customers at all levels to help determine planned process improvements and testing needs, and will recommend testing approaches to meet stated business objectives. They may also need to develop project plans and track progress against them and present analysis to project and senior management.
About The Job (Continued)
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
* Designs, writes, executes, and maintains automated test scripts
* Performs the setup, upgrade, testing and administration of tools used by the testing team
* Participates in the entire testing project lifecycle from requirements to test executions
* Actively communicates testing status, including schedule, risks, issues, defects, and potential impact
* Executes test cases and report all defects in defect management tool
* Provides engineering support for testing approach design and tools on projects of peers
* Troubleshoots issues by researching symptoms, analyzing impacts and implementing solutions
* Creates test scenarios/cases and data based on requirements/user stories for non-GUI applications (i.e. Web Services)
* Collaborates with Quality Assurance Analysts to plan, develop, and maintain automation regressions and performance test suites
* Contributes to the entire software development life cycle from initial business requirements to deployment & production support
* BS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems (MIS), or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
* 5 years of Quality Assurance and/or application development experience
* 2 years of hands-on test automation experience
* Demonstrated understanding of Quality Management, including testing techniques, methodologies, processes, tools, artifacts, and measurements
* Thorough knowledge and experience applying automation techniques and tools (Selenium or UFT/LeanFT preferred)
* Experience in automated test case suite maintenance, including creation of new tests, automated test scheduling, execution, and test logs analysis
* Demonstrated knowledge of programming and scripting languages (MS Visual Basic, ASP .NET, Java Script, C++, C-Sharp, XML, WSDL, BizTalk)
* Experience in testing SOA and Web Services
* SDL experience; Agile experience preferred
* Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies
* Experience with Windows 7/10 and – Linux environments
* Exposure to MQ Series and WCS
* Knowledge of relational databases, such as SQL7 or Oracle
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Tools
* Solid judgment and analytical skills; strong follow-up, time management, and organizational skills
* Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing environment
* Airline experience
* DevOps Principles and Tools experience
* Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels within the organization
* Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
* Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills
* Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 28068
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Quality Engineer, Engineer, Senior Quality Engineer, Electrical, Database, Engineering, Technology