Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity. Role:
Engineer for NDT In - Service Pay
: £30/ph Ltd Company Contract:
Monday- Friday, 37 Hours, 12 months Location:
Filton Main activities of role: -
The jobholder is responsible for the development of general and specific inspection procedures (NTM – Non-Destructive Testing Manual) used by operators. You will have full accountability on the delivery of Feasibility Studies, Technical Notes, Inspection reports and Qualification Tests documentation to support the delivery of procedures. You will be responsible to contribute to the development of NDT methods for In-Service applications and has full accountability on the delivery of test results and other real time support to customer services queries. Responsibilities: -
- Manages the list of feasibility studies and inspection procedures to be developed under the scope, prepares progress reports and planning reports for next months.
- Provides support to technical qualifications (i.e. Probability of Detection) of new NDT methods or applications, for manufacturing or in-service applications. Supports and optimizes technical qualifications by means of CIVA, NDT simulation software.
- Supports the development of new procedures during the structural tests and teardown stages to prepare their potential application on In-Service conditions.
This role will involve some travel for business once a trimester in Europe and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
- Educated to Bachelor degree level (or equivalent) in Physics, Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 1 to 3-year experience in NDT (Phased Array Ultrasonics Testing (PAUT) experience will be considered)
- Experience with project management.
- Experience with Office suite.
- Open-minded, open to receive ideas, proposals or critics from other colleagues.
- Adaptable to different work environments, cultures, approaches.
- Capable of working in a transnational team with the operational manager sitting abroad.
- Self-organised, no micro-management in the team.
- Language Skills: Negotiation level of English. Other languages will be well considered.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”