3 months ago
Engineer Mechanical 3 - Grand Sky-19012356
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Clearance Type: Secret
Number of Openings : 1
Shift : 1st Shift
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer for the Global Hawk program for the Equipment Installations Design Team.
The design engineering position will be responsible for the development, drafting, release and support to installation of detail aircraft components, support assemblies and equipment installation package BTPs/Drawings.
This will include both traditional 2D drawings using CATIA V5 drafting in accordance with NGC Design standard practices, fit/tolerance analysis/evaluation, design for manufacturability and coordination with other engineering disciplines of fully compliant hardware.
This designer will also help develop and produce equipment installation requirement packages using 3D Model Based Definition and Functional Tolerance Analysis in accordance wit NGC design standards for both secondary structure and electronic payload equipment into the USAF Global Hawk UAS.
Candidate will also provide on-site and remote support for fielded and production aircraft for equipment installation-related issues.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) discipline along with 5 years of experience in Aerospace Engineering OR a Master's degree in a STEM discipline along with 3 years of related experience OR a PhD in a STEM discipline with 0 years of experience.
- 2 years Aircraft Mechanical Design with CATIA V5
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) ASME Y14.5M application
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance
- Experience with aircraft equipment installations, secondary structure design and equipment packaging design
- Experience with ANSI Y14.5 GD&T for producible design
- Experience with military aircraft safe installations in accordance with SAE AS 50881 and similar industry best practices
- Experience with CATIA V5 EWB Wire harness installation
- Experience with design for human factors in accordance with MIL-STD-1472 or similar
- Experience with TeamCenter 2007, TeamCenter Unified/CPLM
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit our website. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job ID: 19012356