8 months ago
Wednesday, May 31, 2017Apply
Working under the general direction of Engineering management, the Engineer III, Manufacturing, New Product Dev is responsible for the design, analysis and troubleshooting of company products and/or components.
Kaman Fuzing & Precision Products
217 Smith Street
Location: Middletown, CT
Kaman Fuzing and Precision Products is looking for a dedicated and diverse engineer to become part of our organization. If you envision yourself working in a dynamic, challenging environment and possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice; this may be the company and career opportunity for you. If you are the type of person that enjoys jigsaw puzzles and discovery, hands-on projects and “tinkering” this may be the job for you!
As Engineer III, Manufacturing, New Product Dev, you will work closely with a team of Design Engineers, Quality Engineers and Program Managers in the development of new products; starting at early concept stages and integrate into full production. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to identify manufacturing and/or process variability and work to eliminate variation. Tooling improvement projects that drive increased production efficiency and product reliability, using six-sigma methodologies.
Key Success Objectives
To develop state of the art manufacturing processes for a Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS) product that will include the research, development and implementation of automated and semi-automated manufacturing equipment, including pick-and-place machines, micro-dispensing machinery, working with energetic materials and in-process x-ray and visual inspection equipment.
* Development of electro-mechanical based products, including the automated and semi-automated handling of micro-scale devices that can be micro-dispensed with high accuracy and precision.
* Evaluate manufacturing processes for new designs and Internal Research and Development (IRAD) programs.
* Develop assembly processes for electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies that meet cost and schedule objectives.
* Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements.
* Ensure on-time and on-quality customer deliveries.
* Provide development and qualification of new manufacturing and test equipment and process in support on new product development, lean cell conversions and product improvement projects.
* Apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials.
* Knowledge of DFM/A principles and applications.
* Develop rapid prototyping capabilities and processes in the engineering labs.
* Collaborate with procurement team, operators and outside vendors to develop equipment or process specifications for outside testing or procurement of new tooling or manufacturing equipment.
Education and Skills
* Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in one of the following disciplines: mechanical engineering, electrical/electronic engineering, or chemical engineering
* Minimum of 7 years directly related experience.
* Clear and concise written and verbal communications skills.
* Expert knowledge of MS Office Suite, including MS Project.
* Implementation of engineering designs from concept to final hardware
* Experience collaborating with multiple departments and levels; within and outside an organization.
Reasonable Accommodation Requests
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation.
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents ("green card holders") and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Kaman Aerospace is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.