8 months ago
STS Technical Services is Hiring Engineer III – Embedded Avionics Software Engineering in Denver, Colorado!
Seeking an Embedded Avionics Software Engineer who will perform the full life cycle (requirements, design, code, and test) for real-time embedded software development with specific emphasis on boot code, kernels, board support package (BSP) software and driver code. This engineer will work on BSP development using VxWorks Workbench development suite targeting a variety of processors (PPC family, Leon (SPARC) family, and multi core processors) on commercial and custom built single board computers (SBCs).
Job Description / Requirements:
* This role will coordinate and implement department and company level infrastructure to accommodate efficient development, propagation, and maintenance of product line core and program specific capabilities and functionalities
* The job will include hands on development and verification of boot, kernel, and BSP code, and working in a laboratory environment to perform initial bring up of SBCs and verification of code functionality
* After initial implementation/board bring up, the engineer will provide support to internal as well as external embedded software application development teams
* Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering and at least seven years of experience using VxWorks development suites, including Workbench tools for VxWorks JTAG ICE
* Target environment includes PPC and LEON (Sparc) processor families in VME, PCI, and custom backplane environments
* Linux Support Package (LSP) experience is a significant plus
* U.S. Citizenship required
To learn more about this position and to speak to a Recruitment Professional directly, simply call.
We’d be more than happy to assist you in any way we can!