6 months ago
Resolve complex engineering problems associated with support analysis, and modifications that require ingenuity and innovation. Candidate will be working directly with Mechanical system, Structural and Project Engineers, providing Electrical system documentation and drawings for aircraft. This is a fast paced role, requiring the candidate to be able to manage their workload, priorities and meet deadlines effectively. Must have an ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management is essential.
NOTE: Relocation fees will NOT be accommodated or reimbursed.
EDUCATION: Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering. Other advanced technical degree can be considered.
• 4 years of related experience or 8 or more years of relevant experience.
• Previous Boeing statement of work experience is a plus.
• Experience in commercial and/or military aircraft is a plus.
• Provide technical solutions for a wide range of electrical design tasks
• Work independently to analyze, interpret, and translate source data into the product
• Develop and maintain electrical product detail, assembly and installation designs (antennas, cable routing, power panels, equipment racks)
• Develop or update functional diagrams, wiring diagrams, and wire bundle and equipment installation drawings
• Ability to produce Electrical Load, Electrical Bonding and Voltage drop analysis documents.
• Researches, designs wire bundle installation, components & equipment installations with respect to electrical load, function and environmental conditions.
• Define and document electrical interfaces between Aircraft and component system.
• Execute electrical interface design enhancements to support existing and legacy aircraft
• Proficiency in Functional diagram, Wiring diagram, wire bundle installation and equipment installation
• Attending project meetings, supplying specialist knowledge of electrical requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to travel for training or assignments as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
The successful candidate will ideally have a thorough working knowledge of designs, in particular cabin interior equipment construction techniques and principles for a large aircraft. An electrical engineering qualification is essential in addition to organizational and communication skills.
• Possess good knowledge of aircraft installation procedures and maintenance & repair documents
• Understand the requirement for critical separation and segregation of an existing aircraft’s wiring systems
• Possess a working knowledge of aircraft AC and DC power distribution system
• Have basic understanding of IFE (In-flight entertainment) system and its interface/ functionality with existing aircraft systems – this is beneficial but not essential
• Possess a working knowledge of passenger cabin interior illumination, PSU (Passenger Service Unit) and emergency escape marking path – this is beneficial but not essential
• Well-versed in using MS office applications
• Experience with model-based development using MATLAB - this is beneficial but not essential
• Possess an understanding of engineering job practices, techniques and standards. Use and application of job principles, theories, and concepts.
• Able to read, understand, interpret 2D engineering drawings/blue prints – electrical and mechanical
• Ability to prioritize for maximum productivity for multiple projects.
• Ability to identify potential issues, analyze and recommend improvements and alternate solutions.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with generating design documents on CAD systems, such as UG NX, CATIA, ENOVIA, CADDS and AutoCAD is a plus
Interacts primarily with other engineers in the team, Boeing Teams, immediate supervisor and other personnel within the organization to obtain or provide information regarding assigned tasks.
POINT OF PROGRESSION
May be considered for Electrical Engineer 3 position if the employee demonstrates excellent knowledge and performance in all areas of job responsibilities.
CDG, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
US Person: Yes. Due to legal requirements associated with our work statements, you must be able to provide documentation indicating that you are a US Person.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and a pleasant working environment.