7 months ago
Resolve complex engineering problems associated with support, analysis, and modifications that require ingenuity and innovation. Perform specific engineering and production tasks associated with certifying Boeing commercial aircraft. Assist in performing structural/stress analysis guiding production design and verifying structural integrity through use of analytical methods. Work with airplanes in-service by leading and supporting investigations into emergent issues and failures and provide resolution, analyze improvements and develop processes and tools to improve effectiveness, quality, and efficiency of the entire development life cycle. Interface with other members of project engineering, program/product teams, management, and technical staff to define and implement engineering solutions. Engineer may specialize in Interior Avionics, Electrical or Mechanical Systems, Structural/Stress, Interior Design, or Structure Design.
* Degree in engineering classification. Mechanical or Aerospace engineering degree preferred.
US: American Board of Engineering & Technology (ABET)
UK: Chartered Engineer (CEng) - Engineering Council
India: All India Council of Technical Educational (AICTE) and National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
Product engineering encompassing components of the entire life cycle – concept to delivery. Engineering within BCA/BDS engineering groups a plus.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
* General understanding and familiarization of engineering practices and related technical publications
* Strong PC skills with high proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office products’ functionality.
* Proficiency in basic 3D modeling skills.
* Ability to learn new applications quickly.
* Ability to prioritize for maximum productivity for multiple projects.
* Ability to define and document processes as required.
* Ability to identify potential issues, analyze and recommend improvements and alternate solutions.
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Good organizational skills.
* Proven reasoning, analytical abilities and mechanical aptitude.
* Possess an understanding of engineering job practices, techniques, and standards.
* Provide technical solutions for a wide range of tasks. Work independently to analyze, interpret, and translate source data into the product.
* Knowledge or experience with aircraft structure, materials, strengths and properties, design criteria, loading conditions and processes (e.g. non destructive testing, corrosion prevention, fatigue)
* Develop solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practical, and consistent with organization objectives.
* Locate source data from the applicable files and systems.
* Perform detailed analysis and interpretation of source data and make corrections as appropriate.
* Perform production and QA roles as assigned to ensure integrity of customer deliverables.
* Interact frequently with inter-organizational personnel and external customers. Represent the organization by providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
* Review incoming source data to identify the affect and impact on the product.
* Use analytical skills to determine solutions and resolve problems.
* Adhere to established styles and procedures.
* Meet assigned schedules and deadlines.
* Meet production and quality standards.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Ability to travel for training or assignments as required.