9 months ago
Engineer, Engineering (Electrical Engineer, Integration & Test)
Location : US-FL-Orlando
Job ID : 13818
Zip : 32819
Aerojet Rocketdyne Coleman Aerospace is looking for an electrical engineer who will be supporting integration and testing of electronic hardware. The successful candidate will be tasked with supporting acceptance and qualification testing of electronic boxes used in an aerospace/defense application. This is a hands-on position for individuals with demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills.
The small team atmosphere provided by Coleman Aerospace demands the capability to devise simple solutions to complex engineering problems both independently and by soliciting inputs from other technical subject matter experts.
This position will be located in Orlando, FL
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
30% - Reviews and generates analysis and tests of electrical/electronic components, sub-systems and systems.
30% - System analysis includes circuit analysis, SPICE, power budgets and other impacts on the overall system performance through integration, test, and field operations.
30% - Support acceptance and qualification testing of electronic boxes used in an aerospace/defense application.
10% - Work with the program technical leads, production operations, quality assurance, customer and the customer’s representatives to ensure that the hardware meets all requirements.
* Must possess a BS in Electrical Engineering (or related discipline) and have a minimum of 2 years of related experience or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must have an understanding of electrical engineering fundamentalsin both analog and digital electronics
* Must have experience with design, development, integration, and test of military electronic systems with design for manufacturing and environmental constraints (EMI/EMC, vibration, packaging, thermal, etc.).
* Must have the ability to document efforts, write test procedures and reports and contribute to completion of milestones within specific projects.
* Must be detail-oriented
* Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications
* The candidate must have good written and oral communication skills to be able to convey design ideas in a clear and concise manner.
* Experience integrating embedded systems
* Schematic capture design tools (e.g. DxDesigner)
* Circuit simulation using PSPICE
* Circuit card design and layout (e.g. PADs)
* LabVIEW software development
* Experience with MIL-STD-461E.
* RF design and analysis
This position may require occasional extra work hours as required to meet critical schedule milestones. Significant travel is not expected.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
We consider the consistent demonstration of positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional behavior to be an essential function of every position. While different positions have different primary areas of responsibility and technical expertise, everyone needs to work as a team, and we expect all employees to contribute as necessary to get the job done.
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the
interview process should e-mail the Human Resources Department at Accommodation Request.
Software Powered by iCIMS