4 months ago
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Clearance Type: Secret
Number of Openings : 1
Shift : 1st Shift
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact peoples lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, theyre making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Electronics Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
- Support communication system analysis, design, engineering capture, build, and integration
- Document system requirements and interfaces, with traceability to platform requirements
- Perform technical evaluation and analysis of supplier proposals, design data, definition of functional test requirements including acceptance, qualification, system integration and test execution
- Develop Statement of Work and Performance Specifications for Suppliers
- Perform liaison duties to disseminate information to Suppliers, Leadership, and other Integrated Product Teams and external customers
- Support Cost Account Managers (CAMs), Project Leads, Responsible Engineers (REs), and leadership for proposal development, cost planning, and performance tracking efforts
- Support Program Risk, Technical Review Boards, and Opportunity Management as required
- Direct the activities of subordinate engineers to complete project assignments
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelors Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline with relevant experience from an accredited university with 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
- Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) Satellite Communications (SATCOM) equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to understand engineering drawings and documentation
- An active in-scope DoD Secret clearance (within the past 5 years)
- Ability to obtain program access
- Masters Degree or PhD in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline with relevant experience from an accredited university
- 10 years of engineering experience
- Familiarity of LOS and BLOS communications systems
- Experience in creating engineering drawings and documentation
- Experience with a variety of networking protocols
- Strong leadership, management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience with multiple program phases (Design, Development, Production, Operations) and experience managing teams.
- An active in-scope DoD Top Secret clearance (within the past 5 years)
- Existing program access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit our website. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job ID: 18024966