3 months ago
Engineer - Campus
Praxair, Inc. is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. With market capitalization of approximately $40 billion and 2017 sales of $11 billion, the company employs over 26,000 people globally and has been named to the Dow Jones World Sustainability Index for 15 consecutive years. Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings.
Our products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by brining efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others.
In this role you will participate in the engineering design, execution, commissioning, and/or operations of one or more projects. Working under direct supervision, you will perform basic engineering calculations, investigations and assigned tasks for subsets of a large project or complete small projects.
* Prepares reports, graphs, planning layouts, cost estimates and summaries to communicate project progress or results
* Learns and follows established work processes
* Applies engineering fundamentals to daily tasks
* Interfaces with internal and external customers/suppliers
* Quickly learns and applies new concepts, skills and knowledge to assigned tasks
* Investigates problems and requirements of projects and develops and implements appropriate solutions
* Ensures important, relevant information is communicated regularly and consistently
* Follows through to ensure completion of assigned tasks
* Actively participates in project team meetings and decisions
* Updates standards and guidelines
* Sets goals and objectives and meets assigned deadlines
* Exceptional technical skills and the ability to apply those skills in an industrial environment
* Highly creative with initiative and drive
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Proven track record of personal accountability and success throughout their academic and professional career
* Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (domestic and international)
* Minimum GPA of 3.0
Pursuing OR recently obtained a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in one of the following majors:
* Chemical Engineering
* Mechanical Engineering
* Electrical Engineering
Aug 23, 2018, 4:00:00 AM
Jul 1, 2019, 3:59:00 AM
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.