2 months ago
Engine Technician Internship (Paid) - Summer 2019 (Req ID 2018-501)
Duncan Aviation summer internships are competitive and available to anyone currently enrolled with a post-secondary education institution in an aviation maintenance, or closely related, program.
The Engine Intern, with supervision, assists with testing, adjusting and repairing, and other general tasks related to the maintenance and repair of engines and engine components on a variety of engine makes in a safe and clean work environment according to manufacturer’s specifications, Duncan Aviation approved procedures, and customer specifications. In addition, this position prepares and completes appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
Essential Job Functions
* With supervision, assists in high quality inspections, servicing, and maintenance of engines and engine components on a variety of engine makes using proper hand tools in a timely, clean, safe and professional manner with minimal rework. Orders general parts as needed.
* With supervision, assists with basic troubleshooting and repair of engines and engine components.
* With supervision, prepares various documents for record keeping purposes, as required by Company policy and FAA regulations (i.e. turnovers, removal sheets, W.O. Sheets, personal training log, etc.).
* With assistance, locates and uses appropriate technical data and follows verbal instructions when accomplishing assigned maintenance tasks.
* Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements
* Licenses/Certificates: Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record; Man Lift qualified; tool inventory per department tool list required
* Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required
* Physical: Routinely lifts up to 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100 lbs.; reads small print; hears sounds associated with mechanical deficiencies; repetitive motion; works with moving parts and vibration; tolerates products, materials and fumes associated with component maintenance; tolerates working in confined spaces and heights above four feet; tolerates standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and sitting
* Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and noisy environments
* Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Education and Experience
* High School graduate or equivalent required
* Currently enrolled in airframe maintenance secondary education program
← Back to Current Openings