Engine Consultant/ Technical Specialist - remote
CAE Parc Aviation
Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio
CAE Parc Aviation are presently accepting applications for an Engine Technical Specialist based in the USA. The successful candidate should be based in the USA, ideally in Greater Cincinnati and is able to work remotely from home.
- Broad commercial airline engine management background on narrow body and wide body engine types to include both legacy and current engine technology for commercial passenger and cargo aircraft.
- Experience in the following engine types would be an advantage LEAP, GTF, GENX, Trent, CFM56, V2500, CF6, CF34, GE90 and other OEM product ranges
- Extensive working knowledge and expertise in the fundamentals of commercial jet engine performance and maintenance.
- Experience in all aspects of jet engine maintenance management specializing in maintenance cost and workscope planning with a view to asset life cycle optimization.;
- Fleet management including on-wing performance monitoring/evaluation.
- Ability to provide detailed evaluation of contract proposals – in terms of overhaul of engines
- Demonstrated proficiency in shop visit management, (engine teardown and works-scopes, implement and evaluate performance metrics), lease management (experience in lease contracts, negotiations and technical requirements), and programme management (engine life cycle value analysis, impact of AD’s on specific fleets)
- Experience with engine inspections format/reporting/ engine condition reporting, parts and shortages listings, materials and inventory, c-checks, shop visits, including evaluating, and proposing rectification of any abnormal conditions found during disassembly and inspection of aircraft engines.
- Established Project Management skills to include maintaining current status reporting of physical project milestones, budgetary spend and targets.
- Knowledge of aviation regulatory affairs together with a detailed knowledge of associated certification requirements for FAA, EASA and other applicable regulatory environments.
- Technical records and publications experience with regards to OEM systems and issued inspections and modification recommendations to include principles and Airworthiness Directives and Service Bulletin implementation.
- Proven knowledge of engine technical records auditing practises for engine sale, purchase or transition evaluation.
- Working with vendors with regards to any inventory or technical documentation issues.
- Preparing marketing support documentation and assisting with Sales/Commercial transactions.
- Support engine project managers as required.
- Strong analytical skills with quality management experience preferred.
- Able and willing to travel with little notice
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception. As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team. At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age. The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.