4 months ago
Energy Technical Manager
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for overall technical management and support through the phases of proposal development, Preliminary Assessment (PA), Investment Grade Audit (IGA), project development, implementation & operation, and Measurement & Verification (M&V) of Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) projects.
2. Responsible for technical development and delivery of Energy Master Plans (EMP) and associated projects for commercial and industrial customers with a view towards achieving optimized energy usage and energy resiliency.
3. Responsible for the technical performance of projects and serves as a primary customer contact for technical issues, participating in program review sessions with customer to technical requirements and performance.
4. Provide expert engineering oversight of consultancy activities in overall delivery of LM UK Energy projects.
5. Create project milestones in consultation with the PM coordinating with customer requirements and make recommendations to meet milestones successfully and improve the process.
6. If milestones and project completion cannot be met within defined schedule, inform the project team as soon as it is realized and suggest solutions to rectify the issues.
7. Manage technical review of data provided to and received from the LM contractors and the internal and external LM customers.
8. Support the formulation and negotiation of project contracts and subcontracts supporting ESPC engineering activities.
9. Participate in the preparation of proposals, business plans, specifications, operating budgets and technical terms/conditions of contracts.
10. Manage LM contractors to deliver accurate energy models, savings calculations, measurement and verification plans and protocols, system designs in compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related project specifications.
11. Oversee development of project commissioning plan and test protocols.
12. Integrate the following focus areas into LM UK proposals and projects working with LM US subject matter experts:
* Demand Management and Demand Side Response
* Generation: Renewables and Combine Heat and Power Plants
* Energy Storage Systems (Batteries)
* Distributed Energy Resources Management (DERMS) & Microgrids
* Systems Integration & Cyber Security
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability.
We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Please note that Lockheed Martin Ampthill work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
It is realized that it is unlikely that a single candidate has experience across the board and can demonstrate knowledge of all the below areas, however a broad knowledge and experience in as many areas as possible is desirable:
1. Minimum of 5 years working in the commercial energy management or renewable generation sectors.
2. Experienced in developing technical specifications for Energy Efficiency Retro-fits for large Commercial and Industrials, renewable energy generation installations, Combined Heat and Power (CHP).
3. Experience in overviewing the installation Energy Efficiency Retro-fits for large Commercial and Industrials, renewable energy generation installations, Combined Heat and Power (CHP).
4. Experience ensuring technical compliance to environmental regulations, planning and permitting for renewable generation, CHP and Energy Conservation Measures
5. Experience in developing operations and maintenance process and procedure for Energy Performance Contracts, Renewable Energy Generation and CHP.
6. Experience with the International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP)
7. Knowledge of technical performance requirements for large scale battery storage operations (National Grid Balancing services, renewables integration and behind the meter load leveling)
8. Experience working with UK Distribution Network Operators to develop grid connection specifications and ensure grid connection requirements are met for import and export applications.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.