4 months ago
End User Experience Manager
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
With over 90 IT staff based at 8 key locations, IT Services support the UK corporate network, enterprise services, business labs and proposal suites, as well as major UK Business Area programmes, demonstrating a variety of skills and capabilities with drive, agility, affordability, and innovation. The mission is to offer a customer driven approach to providing IT Services for Lockheed Martin UK, supporting both the current and future business needs
Working directly for the EMEA IT Manager, the User Experience Manager will be responsible for strategy and delivery of business outcomes through improving the experience that customers have with our service.
Creative and forward thinking, the User Experience Manager will lead and grow a high performing team of service personnel. This team is directly responsible for the service delivery to our customers and you will be responsible for customer satisfaction and consistent growth in success metrics
* Provide a useful, desirable, and valuable product to customers - considered to be the experience people have
* Connect the business strategies down to UXM activities and vice-versa
* Connect the values and passions of their staff to the work that aligns with the greater business strategy
* Deliver innovative and impressive experience
* Coaching teams to have the right focus and balancing resources
* Build relations with other managers to deliver solutions
* Ensuring our teams are focused on meeting the needs of our customers and the business
* Work closely with all stakeholders, product teams and the executive team to influence product strategy and align design resources with the product roadmap
* Align user experience initiatives with the business goals
* Conduct research and interviews that identify user needs, preferences and collect feedback on current designs
* Establish, forecast, track, and share success metrics for user experience
* Develop expert knowledge of industry, competitive and complementary products and standards in regard to user experience
* Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
* Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
In this position you will manage the full spectrum of challenges that go with balancing month to month results with the day’s reality, next week's plan, and the next three years of strategy.
Maintaining and expanding relationships with the Design Architects, Infrastructure Services and Operations teams is a key part of this role.
The successful candidate will manage the specific budgets, by providing budget agreement, financial management and regular status ensuring overall financial commitments are achieved.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Enterprise Business Services (EBS) consists of LMUK IT Services, Payroll, ESH, HR and Finance functions. With employees located throughout the UK, EBS provides UK wide support to the LMUK business areas.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Confident and assertive attitude
* Knowledge and implementation of Agile and Lean processes
* Pro-active leadership that encourages teams to perform to the best of their ability
* Generating accurate reports and status notifications
* Experience in professional UX management
* The ability to plan and strategise at a senior level
* Effective team management capabilities
* A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
* Highly self-motivated.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Knowledge and experience of IT Operations including Service Desk, End User Services, Infrastrucutre & Applications Services
* Managing requirements and budgets for IT projects
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Knowledge and experience of working within secure environments
* ITIL v3 or Prince II Certification
* Experience of working within an ITIL based ITSM environment
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.