4 months ago
Specific Job Description
To support the EMC activities in support of programmes. The EMC Engineer shall ensure that all EC Directive, National and particular contractual standards for EMC are met and that appropriate design and control documentation is produced.
To support the TEMPEST activities in support of programmes. The EMC Engineer shall ensure that CESG Standards and procedures for the control of TEMPEST are met and that appropriate design and control documentation is produced.
To support the design and control activities for Lightning Immunity (LEMP) and Nuclear Electromagnetic Pulse (NEMP) immunity in support of programmes
The role will not be authorized to provide services to Lockheed Martin, which are directly related to business development, acquisition, or sales efforts for a Lockheed Martin customer or potential customer. Any exception to this rule can only be granted, in advance, by the Lockheed Martin UK Business Practices representative or legal counsel representative.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin UK Integrated Systems has an increasing number of programmes and opportunities associated with design and integration of systems and subsystems for the MoD and potential overseas customers. In general these programmes utilise a full range of systems engineering disciplines inclusive of EMC. This position is for an EMC engineer to work on Lockheed Martin’s Merlin and Maritime Programmes..
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Ideally require a Bachelors degree from an accredited college and capability typically achieved through demonstrable professional experience. Will also consider individuals with equivalent experience / combined education.
* A minimum of 5 years practical experience in an EMC Design and test role.
* Knowledge of EC Compliance regulations and of UK and US Military EMC procedures including Def-Stan 59-41/59-411, Mil Std 461, DO/RTCA 160
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Relevant TEMPEST management experience
* Knowledge of aircraft Avionic systems and/or maritime
* Understanding and experience of test procedures and hands on data analysis in a complex systems integration environment.
The EMC Engineer will exhibit the following attributes:
* Be able to work on the task associated with the overall function without placing an excessive burden on the practitioner or expert.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and Verbal.
* Be a team player
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.