5 months ago
Embedded Software Engineer - ECLSS
We are in the process of commercializing space travel. This individual will be responsible for assisting us in making this venture profitable for Bigelow Aerospace and affordable for our clients.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
* Assist in the design and development of our next generation spacecraft’s ECLSS control systems
* Work on automation of and remote control of ECLSS (Environmental Control and Life Support Systems)
* Design, document, code, test, and debug embedded device controllers for ECLSS systems
* Write design documents and software requirements documents
* Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering
* 5+ years experience working as an Embedded Software Engineer
* Proficiency in C/C++ (2+ full-time years experience)
* Experience developing and debugging device drivers
* Familiarity with standard hardware protocols (UART, SPI, I2C, etc.)
* Ability to read and understand schematics and data sheets for components
* Familiarity with Real Time OSs (FreeRTOS, VxWorks, etc.)
* Experience developing and testing software protocols (e.g. Wireshark or similar)
* Flexibility to work in a small group and take ownership of multiple tasks and responsibilities
* Familiarity with ARM MCUs
* Familiarity with scopes and logic analyzers
* Experience with common Spacecraft/Avionics data interfaces (1553, Spacewire, CANbus, etc.)
* Some OOP (Object-Oriented Programming) experience - C#/.Net/Visual Studio preferred
* Some User Interface experience – WPF experience preferred
* Some SQL Server or MySQL Database experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Positive attitude and team player
* Self-starter who is flexible and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines consistently
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.