9 months ago
The Boeing Company is seeking an Electronics Packager 3 with the following background, experience, and skills:
* Leads analysis of customer and system requirements and development of architectural approaches and detailed specifications for various electronic products.
* Leads development of high-level and detailed designs consistent with requirements and specifications.
* Leads reviews of testing and analysis activity to assure compliance to requirements.
* Identifies, tracks and statuses technical performance measures to measure progress and ensure compliance with requirements.
* Leads activities in support of Supplier Management with make/buy recommendations and other technical services.
* Coordinates engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product.
* Plans research projects to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
* Experience in translating requirements into hardware designs
* Experience in designing prototype and flight electronics packaging (housings, panels, test racks, etc.) in accordance to meet the requirements of the customer.
* Experience in developing 3D CAD models and/or drawings to be used for hardware production.
* Prior experience working closely with vendors to produce hardware on schedule and cost.
* Knowledge of applying Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5-1M as required to drawings/models.
* A basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical design techniques, parts, materials and processes related to electrical/electronic components and assemblies.
* Experience in leading & participation in continuous improvement/Lean projects
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
Must have electrical/electronic hardware design experience
Must have a minimum of 5 years experience with 3D CAD modeling
Must have experience building prototype test equipment hardware
Must have experience in Electronic Packaging Design
Must have experience in mechanical thermal analysis
Typical Education and Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award