3 months ago
Electronics Engineer Sr
Job ID: 468756BR Date posted: Feb. 01, City: Melbourne State: FloridaProgram: PSS-T
Description:The Electronics Engineer will be responsible for design of electronics hardware used in the PTDS and TARS payload support, navigation, state-of-health and control subsystems, as well as related automated test equipment. The assignment can involve field support to resolve technical issues at operational sites, or to deploy new designs. The individual may participate in development activities for new programs.
Typical design tasks include, but are not limited to:
Develop system requirements
• Create design solutions that meet system requirements to include identification of materials and COTS parts
• Provide engineering analyses, trade studies, and/or white papers
• Design out obsolescence by researching replacement options or perform redesign activities.
• Interface with other team engineers and other functional personnel to include production, test, supply chain and internal and/or external customers.
• Select COTS parts/systems for integration into end item to satisfy customer requirements.
• Must have significant electronics design experience.
• Apply technical principles, theories, and concepts to complete assignments using applied discretion and judgment.
• ability to develop solutions to assigned technical problems of limited scope.
• Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to translate functional requirements into an efficient working design.
• Functional competence with the Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with DSP and network protocols such as TCP/IP and ATM
• Hands on lab skills using common test equipment
Familiarity of FPGA /CPLD design tools (Quartus II), development environments and languages (AHDL and/or VHDL)
• Develop, document, and implement detailed FPGA/CPLD designs
• Support FPGA/CPLD integration and test
• RF design experience
• General software programming knowledge
• Basic understanding of Radar Principles
• Experience with circuit card design and test
• Familiarity with computer aided design tools: AutoCAD, OrCAD and Zuken design toolsets
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: No Career Area: Electronics Engineering Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First