3 months ago
Electronics Engineer Sr
Job ID: 459385BR Date posted: Nov. 27, City: Littleton, Sunnyvale State: California, ColoradoProgram: Electronics
Description:Location: Sunnyvale, CA or Littleton, CO
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a Sr. Electronics Engineer, you will be the technical lead and Certified Principle Engineer (CPE) for Avionics subsystem on the Multi-Objective Kill Vehicle (MOKV) program.
You will be responsible for:
• Developing an integrated program solution for missile data handling, telemetry and commanding
• Working across the program to determine data, commanding and control interfaces and will work to tailor a subsystem that will meet program requirements.
• Lead trade studies targeted at reducing cost while maintaining performance.
You will be the technical point of contact for several interactions including Program Management, Customers, Subcontractors, Vendors as well as internal Engineering resources.
Position can be either in Sunnyvale, CA or Denver, CO.
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
*Ability to obtain TS/SCI Clearance required for this role. Therefore, the selected candidate must be a US Citizen.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Electronics Engineering from an accredited college or in a related discipline or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Direct experience in the design, integration, test and qualification of avionics electronics and/or controls systems.
• Experience with technical and programmatic interaction with subcontractors, fabricators, manufacturers, etc.
• Familiarity through experience in digital and analog board and box level design and test
• Experience with subcontracted electronics – board and box level fabrication and test
• Successful candidate will have experience in various phases of the aerospace electronic product development cycle and knowledge of front end product development, including generation of requirements and interfaces, mechanical and thermal packaging, analog and digital design, and the transition to production.
• Capable of understanding and evaluating information provided by subcontractors and make recommendations based on their technical inputs.
• Experience delivering flight hardware as CPE or delegate CPE
• Proficiency in HW/SW integration, embedded systems and digital design (FPGA/ASIC)
• Ability to present informal status briefings to LM Management and Customers
• Background in electronics and controls systems
• Knowledge and experience in the creation and maintenance of specifications, ICDs, and Engineering drawings
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated expertise in the design and operation of electronic hardware systems
• Individual must possess skills and demonstrated ability to resolve engineering challenges under a variety of competing schedule demands
• Experience with generation of specifications and interface control documentation.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Electronics Engineering Clearance Level: TS/SCI Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First