4 months ago
Electronics Engineer Senior Staff
Job ID: 458572BR Date posted: Oct. 29, City: Sunnyvale State: CaliforniaProgram: SBIRS
Description:Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company's Optical Payload Center of Excellence is seeking a candidate to work collaboratively with in-house and subcontractor engineers to develop a high-bandwidth data processor for and Electro-Optic Payload. The engineer will direct architecture trade studies that balance performance, cost and schedule requirements. The engineer will ensure interfaces and requirements are completely and correctly specified and that a validation and verification plan is in place to fully qualify the signal chain hardware for the operational environment. Responsibilities also include assuring that the subcontractor understands the requirements, meets the needs of the program, and providing technical inputs to senior leadership.
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Electro-Optics, Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent with 14 years or MS and 12 years
• Background in electro-optic sensors and/or electronics
• Experience with imaging focal planes and relevant performance parameters
• Strong understanding of digital electronics, especially high speed serial interfaces (Gbps class), signal integrity, and timing
• Familiarity with image processing techniques for enhanced performance and data reduction (calibration, noise reduction, compression, etc)
• Familiarity with integration, test and verification of electronics and sensor systems
• Good communication skills
• Willingness to travel
• Ability to obtain a security clearance
• Strong systems engineering skills, to include multidisciplinary collaboration (thermal, mechanical, dynamics, etc), technical leadership, and technical writing
• Experience with technical and programmatic interaction with subcontractors.
• Experience with generation of specifications and interface control documentation.
• Knowledge of focal plane suppliers and products
• Subcontract management team experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
• Active TS/SCI Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Electrical Engineering Clearance Level: None Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First