12 months ago
Boeing's Electronic Products (EP) Organization is seeking Electrical Design Engineers to join our team in Huntsville, AL. The successful applicants will become part of Boeing’s core Electronics Design team and support/work in the Electrical Engineering area.. The Huntsville EP organization supports a diverse portfolio of customers including Department of Defense, NASA, Homeland Security and Boeing Commercial Aircraft. The team is responsible for Electrical / Electronic Hardware, Test Equipment, Avionics, Smart Battery System and Wire Harness Design.
Typical duties and responsibilities for this position are in the areas of Embedded Firmware Design, Circuit Design, Schematic Capture, Board Layout, Circuit Simulation and C++ Programming.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
* Analyze and translate requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications
* Test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
* Monitor supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements
* Support fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle
* Investigate emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements
* Responsibility for designing and developing quality products
* Have strong communication skills
* Be capable of working in a multi-tasking environment while supporting multiple projects concurrently and be capable of working with geographically disperse teams
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Electronic Hardware/Firmware Design/Analysis
Electronic System Design & Analysis
Must have a degree from an accredited school in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
Schematics capture, PCB design & layout with Mentor Graphics or other PCB design software
Digital systems, analog circuit & power supply design
PCB hardware design using micro controller units & FPGA devices
PCB design & PCB assembly verification, debug, troubleshooting & repair
FPGA & CPLD design implementation for custom designed boards
Xilinx, Altera or other FPGA experience
Programming experience in C/C++, C#, Java, Visual Basic
Knowledge of Matlab, PSPICE and Linux
Typical Education and Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award