- Negotiation of sub-system requirements
- Derivation of circuit architectures
- Circuit design and analysis
- Schematic entry using Zuken schematic editor
- Produce design documentation
- Manufacture of prototypes and initial test of these
- Defining and performing formal testing including supporting environmental and EMC trials
- Produce design statement and test reports that contribute to the evidence
Dependent upon the specific project task and technology used, a range of skills will be considered including:
- Digital and microprocessor design
- Analogue design from low to RF frequencies
- Power electronics design including some power supply design.
The role requires candidates to be self-starters, have the ability to influence and interface throughout the organisation and to be able to organise and plan their own work.