9 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare Life Sciences
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Asymptote is building a world-class team in the Cell and Gene Therapy industry & the development projects we undertake are highly cross functional (e.g. Thermo-Physics, Electronics, Software, Biological & Mechanical interfaces). We are looking for a talented Electronics Design Engineer to help us develop Asymptote’s range of cryogenic equipment. This role is for an experienced, driven and quality-focused Electronic /Hardware Engineer who is ready to drive our Electronics Design activities.
The successful candidate will:
• Be responsible for the development of Asymptote’s electronics hardware across our New Product Introductions and R&D projects.
• Design new embedded hardware platforms for us, integrating microcontrollers (K64f), multiple sensor types, IoT functionality, eInk and various other forms of telemetry in a low power application.
• Have an expert understanding of Electronics - a.c, analogue and digital.
• Become responsible for the control of our legacy designs. Maintain and improve them.
• Understand the Product Development lifecycle and V-model of development.
• Have experience of working to and adhering to standards.
• Be Test and Quality focused.
• Degree in Electronic Engineering or similar degree or equivalent knowledge & experience
• Significant industry experience in a relevant field (e.g. Product Design or technology consultancy)
• Proven problem solving ability
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Experience and passion for Electronics Design
• Familiarity with the Cadence software suite
• Enjoy being technically challenged & working amongst a world class team
• Hold solid mathematical skills, be confident working from 1st principles, yet be experienced enough to know when an experiment/simulation is needed.
• Have a high quality academic background and be a natural problem solver
• Hold cross-functional experience (e.g. mechanical design / computer programming / electronics / manufacture etc…)
• Experience of working in a regulated environment, ideally medical devices
Locations: United Kingdom; Cambridge
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.