Specialist Aircrew - Elecrtonic Warfare Officer - Teeside, UK
The Electronic Warfare Officer (EWO) is responsible to the Chief of EW Operations (CEWO), via the respective Senior Base EWO (SBEWO), for planning, briefing, operation and debriefing of all authorised Electronic Warfare (EW) / Target Tow (TT) and Full Motion Video (FMV) tasks for which he/she is programmed to fly. In addition, the Electronic Warfare Officer also supports any overseas detachments and ancillary functions such as business development and operations planning.
As an Electronic Warfare Officer, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Senior Base EWO in safely achieving the daily flying programme by planning, briefing, operating and debriefing each mission flown directly with the customer communities, and ensure that learning points are identified and communicated to the customer community.
- Covering weekly and daily mission planning duties as directed by the respective Senior Base EWO.
- Assisting the Senior Base EWO in customer liaison between RN/RAF/Army users by providing specialist advice on Electronic Warfare and, when qualified, Target Towing (TT) and Full Motion Video (FMV).
- Assisting the Senior Base EWO in the organisation and/or implementation of visits or presentations for customers and other agencies.
- Assisting the Senior Base EWO in supporting Cobham Special Mission's wider Business Development activity, if required as a core subject matter expert.
- Assisting the Senior Base EWO in mutually agreed specialist tasks such as manager responsible for internal training provision, management of specialist ground equipment, sortie planning assets or security custodian.
- Supporting the Senior Base EWO in ensuring that company and national safety and security procedures are followed at all times.
- Operating in accordance with Air Legislation and relevant company Operations Manuals.
- Utilising Company procedures to report non-compliance, safety and security matters in a timely fashion.
*Only accepting applicants who are UK Passport Holders. Must be SC cleared or have the ability to attain an SC clearance (potential candidates will require UK security vetting).
As an Electronic Warfare Officer, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience as UK military front-line aircrew, preferably from Tornado F3 or GR4, or as an Airborne Early Warning/Airborne Warning and Control System Mission Commander or Fighter Weapons Controller, with demonstrable experience of leading complex missions and/or composite air operations including Air Force and Navy controllers. Ground based MC/FA and FC would also be of high interest.
- Good situational awareness and the capability to build mental 3D air picture. Current understanding and ability to use, NATO and UK standard Air-to-Air communication and codewords.
- Sound knowledge of the principles and practical experience of EW.
- A reasonable understanding of: Air Defence systems, ship, aircraft and ground radars, their modes of operation, tactics and Electronic Defence features.
- A working understanding of EW techniques and equipment.
- Techniques and tactics for creating a representative Electronic Attack environment.
- Ex-military (essential) with a 'post-graduate' qualification such as QWI, EWI, HWI or Aerosystems (desirable).
- Close Air Support experience (desirable).
- Other military aircrew experience will be considered, especially if this includes recent experience in either the tactical employment of Electronic Warfare, or specialist EW duties in support of the RAF or RN.
Great salary package available.
Contact Jaques Brooks at McGinley Aviation and Aerospace
Why choose McGinley Aviation?
McGinley Aviation & Aerospace is recognised as a leading provider of global recruitment solutions. With a highly-skilled and well established recruitment team, McGinley Aviation & Aerospace are specialists at sourcing the right talent to suit the unique demands of the aviation and aerospace sector.
We pride ourselves on providing our clients with a prompt and effective recruitment service - working to acquire the very best talent the market has to offer. We work equally as hard to ensure that our candidates get the best experience possible, giving them the guidance, support and information they need every step of the way.
All applications will be handled in the strictest of confidence - for a confidential discussion about this job opportunity, call McGinley Aviation and speak with Jaques Brooks.
McGinley Aviation & Aerospace Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Aviation, Aircraft, Military, Flying, Electronic, Warfare, Officer