2 months ago
Electronic Technician (Crane, IN)
Crane, IN US
Service Contract Act
CACI is seeking an Engineering Technician to repair and maintain electronic equipment supported by NSWC Crane Electro-Optic Technology Division (EOTD). Use of special tools and calibration devices will aide in your ability to test and repair EO equipment. Support EOTD engineering and analysis efforts by providing technical hands-on capabilities as needed.
Independently plans and accomplishes complete projects or studies of broad scope and complexity. Subject Matter Expert in the repair and maintenance of electronic gimbal systems supported by NSWC Crane EOTD. Complexity of assignments typically requires considerable creativity and judgment to devise approaches to accomplish work, resolve design and operational problems, and make decisions in situations where standard engineering methods, procedures, and techniques may not be applicable. Supervisor or professional engineer provides advice on unusual or controversial problems or policy matters; completed work is reviewed for compliance with overall project objectives. May supervise or train and be assisted by lower level technicians.
What You'll Get to do:
* Prepares designs and specifications for various complex equipment or systems
* Plans approach to solve design problems
* Conceives and recommends new design techniques
* Resolves design problems with contract personnel
* Assures compatibility of design with other parts of the system
* Designs and coordinates test set ups and experiments to prove or disprove the feasibility of preliminary design
* Uses untried and untested measurement techniques
* Improves the performance of the equipment
* May advise equipment users on redesign to solve unique operational deficiencies
* Plans approach and conducts various experiments to develop equipment or systems
* Arranges for fabrication of pilot models
* Determines test procedures and design of special test equipment
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Previous electronics technician experience of four or more years
* Currently have SECRET (or above) clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Familiarity with production workflow at Crane EO Center
* Five years experience supporting NSWC Crane EOTD
* Familiarity with Crane EO Dept. policies and safety procedures
* Ability to track schedules and important events for Crane EO
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.