5 months ago
Business Unit Collins Aerospace
Req IDDate posted 03/27/City Cheshire
Country/Region United States
United States of America
HCT07: S&IS (AIS) - Cheshire Goodrich Corporation, Cheshire, CT, 06410 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
The Electronics Technician needs to perform a variety of tasks ranging from fabrication, Troubleshooting/ repairing, performing Preventive maintenance operations, and Calibration of electrical and electro-mechanical equipment. A Staff Technician will be knowledgeable in all types of Electronic test equipment, and (Using schematics and prints) have the ability to identify failure root cause of these types of equipment down to the component level. A Facilities Staff Technician will be responsible for selection and ordering of replacement components required for equipment repairs, preparation of reports, and development of various procedures. The Test Technician will be expected to learn the operation of all test machines and their proper maintenance, perform repairs as necessary to Pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, electro-mechanical, and electrical systems, be able to set up test stations efficiently per engineering or divisional instruction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
* Repair, preventative maintenance, and overhaul of Electro-mechanical and electrical systems on existing test equipment.
* Assist with assembly and troubleshooting of new test equipment.
* Fabricate Electronic Test equipment, and their components using basic shop equipment to support lab activities.
* Ability to efficiently set-up and break down tests per engineering instructions and do preliminary evaluation of modified or newly developed Test stations.
* Develop and maintain instrument calibration, equipment preventative maintenance procedures and schedules.
* Work with other disciplines to develop Total Productive Maintenance procedures and schedules.
* Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering.
* 5 + years of related experience preferred.
* Mechanical aptitude is preferred
* Experience with the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Electronic and Electro-Mechanical Test equipment is highly desirable.
* Excellent communication skills, capability to interact with engineers and understand verbal and written instructions.
* Ability to read/interpret electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, and facility blueprints.
* Familiarity with Industrial PLC programming, simple logic controls, and/or electro-mechanical system controllers is desired.
* Experience with Microsoft Office tools is essential.
* Familiarity with LabView and/or Visual Basic is desirable.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.