3 months ago
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
* Work from drawings, schematics, blueprints, procedures, specifications and other written and verbal instructions to plan, check, install, assemble, test and evaluate results on aerospace components and systems.
* Compile test results; inform Engineering of test anomalies.
* Plan and perform a variety of electronic assembly such as soldering, crimping, wiring, torquing, bonding, coating, cleaning and packaging.
* Plan and perform a variety of electronic tests such as conductivity, resistance check, pull-in/drop-out, performance and dielectric.
* Plan and perform hardware and equipment inspections including visual, in-process and final verifications.
* Troubleshoot and perform rework (solder and mechanical). Disassemble and assemble units as required.
* Perform maintenance and minor repair of test equipment and test rigs.
* Calibrate equipment and rigs such as pressure gages, dimensional gages, flowmeters, transducers, torque wrenches, scales and thermocouples.
* Perform visual and dimensional measuring of hardware and equipment including hole sizes, thickness, heights and lengths.
* Redline work instructions such as operation sheets, acceptance test sheets and shop orders to correct typographical and procedural errors and substitute equivalent equipment.
* Move hardware to next operation within business unit.
* Requisition parts from stores for work-in-progress.
* Document and recommend process improvements in cooperation with fellow employees and supervision.
* Maintain requirements and perform associated duties of contamination control.
* Instruct fellow employees in the proper performance of duties.
* Plan, estimate and execute tasks in support of budget and schedule requirements.
* Participate in self audits.
* Perform routine maintenance of facilities and equipment including changing fluids, filters, belts, lights and painting.
* Keep equipment and surroundings neat, clean and organized.
* Perform related duties as required within the scope of this job function.
* Requires broad knowledge of electronic theory, techniques and practices including analog and digital circuitry in order to perform complex troubleshooting, assembly, test and repair on hardware and equipment; ability to read and interpret complicated drawings and specifications and familiarity with software testing techniques. Equivalent to 4 yeas of high school plus 2-3 years trades training.
* 2-3 years to meet minimum job requirements.
This job may be considered a sensitive position in accordance with NASA Guidelines. If so, the selected candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA's regulation subpart 1823.5 Drug-Free Workforce.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.