6 months ago
United States of America
HNJ03: ISR Systems - Princeton 330 Carter Road, Princeton, NJ, 08540 USA
Sensors Unlimited is looking for an Electronic Systems Design Engineer position to perform a key role in the development of III-V detector test systems and camera system products. The primary responsibilities of the position include system electronics architecture design, detailed printed circuit board level analog and digital circuit design, prototype debug, test, and evaluation, and generation of design documentation for transfer to production.
Associated responsibilities include membership of electronics development project teams, and collaboration with program planning and management. Familiarity with design tools for digital and analog circuit design, including FPGA CAD tools, analog circuit simulation tools, and schematic entry/management tools is required.
Working knowledge of VHDL and C/C++ is desired.
Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential, as the position will entail significant interaction with other departments and customers.
* Electronics Design:
* Starting from initial design requirements, design circuitry to fully meet those specifications while simultaneously adhering to cost and schedule constraints.
* Schematic capture of designs.
* Oversee PCB layout and ensure design rules are met.
* Prototype debug, test and evaluation at the board and system level.
* Perform design validation/verification.
* Collaborate with design team in planning meetings.
* Product Support:
* Generate design documentation for transfer of new products to Production.
* Process engineering changes.
* Assist with resolution of obsolescence/lead time issues and identification of substitute components.
* Interface with Purchasing and Supply Chain personnel to provide technical support to vendors.
Education and Certifications
* MSEE degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience (preferred). OR BSEE/BSEET degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
Experience and Qualifications:
Experience in circuit design of imaging systems, video systems, or instrumentation is very desirable.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively required.
* Experience with Schematic Capture and PCB Layout tools required; OrCAD and PADS preferred.
* Experience with Altium Designer or DxDesigner helpful but not required.
* Knowledge of current FPGA design software and devices helpful.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
* US Person Required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.