3 months ago
Electronic Flight System Technician, Pax River, 1st shift
Job ID: 443843BR Date posted: Aug. 01, City: Patuxent River State: MarylandProgram: CH-53K
Responsible for achieving and/or maintaining the flight readiness of all avionic and electronic systems on any prototype, production, or model change aircraft for final clearance and/or customer acceptance at home plants and foreign and domestic facilities of customers.
• Utilize schematics, wiring diagrams, reference manuals, etc. to install, align, synchronize, checkout, and repair a wide variety of complex aircraft avionic and electronic systems and circuitry such as automatic stabilization equipment, sonar gear, navigation equipment, flight instruments, electronic governors, couplers, etc.
• Troubleshoot entire aircraft avionic and electronic systems making all repairs necessary to achieve and/or maintain flight readiness.
• Balance multi-generator systems maintain current and voltage limits as specified.
• Synchronize multi-inverter systems.
• Be fully responsible for the movement of assigned aircraft through acceptance programs, the conditions of aircraft before presentation to pre-flight inspection and the clearing up of all inspection and pilot discrepancies.
• Direct and instruct up to 5 lower grade technicians with checkout and repair duties.
• Sign out Inspection Logs.
• Coordinate activities closely with supervisor and/or working leader to insure completion of work assignments by priority.
• Coordinate activities with Engineering and Supervision to resolve problems involving modifications, drawing or specification discrepancies, shortages, rejections, etc. and insure incorporation of all changes and modifications.
• Perform any hangar, field or shop assignment as required by workload or emergency conditions.
• As required segregate waste material and follow good housekeeping practices to maintain cleanliness of assigned areas and comply with all EH&S procedures.
Requires a well-rounded knowledge and understanding of aircraft avionic and electronic circuits and instruments including the use of various types of electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, precision meters, variable capacitance bridge, signal generator, field strength meter and others.
Ability to read and interpret complicated drawings and schematic diagrams, apply handbook formulas and utilize information obtained from technical manuals.
Equivalent to 4 years technical trades training with specialization in the field of avionics and/or electronics.
Must maintain current certification(s) as required.
Requires 3 to 5 years of experience.
Work will be performed at the customer's facility in Pax River, MD.
While working at Pax River, Sikorsky employees must follow operating procedures as established by the customer which include:
• Must be a US citizen.
• Must currently have and/or be capable of obtaining a security clearance.
• Must currently have or be capable of successfully completing an NCIC criminal background check to access Pax NAS.
• Must currently have or be capable of obtaining full unescorted access Pax NAS.
• Must have a valid photo ID (driver's license + social security card or birth certificate OR US passport).
• Must have valid driver's license/vehicle insurance to drive on base at Pax NAS.
• In addition to the standard Sikorsky personal protective equipment (PPE), all maintenance personnel must be able to wear steel toe safety shoes and wear long pants. Additionally, cranials must be worn outside while working above four feet.
This position is dependent upon the anticipated duration of the CH-53K helicopter flight test program, which is expected through April 2020*. At the conclusion of the CH-53K flight test program, the employee may be offered the opportunity to relocate to the Development Flight Center in West Palm Beach, FL to support future flight test programs, pending business conditions.
- First shift position, but must be willing to work any shift.
*Based on current test plan schedule.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: No Career Area: Manufacturing Clearance Level: None Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day Shift: First