3 months ago
Electromechanical Technician Specialist
Job ID: 460252BR Date posted: Nov. 12, City: Littleton State: ColoradoProgram: SPCPP
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
This occupation performs a wide variety of task requiring mechanical and electrical fabrication, assembly and test skills to support the Assembly, Test and Launch Operations (ATLO) of spacecraft.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Manufacturing and test of ground support equipment, assembly and test of complex assemblies/ subsystems and spacecraft system integration and test support.
• Build, maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical ground support equipment.
• Fabricate ground and flight wire harnesses, and perform continuity and other in-process checks using appropriate equipment and procedures.
• Inventory and inspect parts for compliance with work instruction and other documentation.
• Verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
• Assemble detail parts/ components into an end product following work instructions (structures, mechanisms, subsystems and systems).
• Align, fit, and assemble component parts, using hand tools, and fixtures.
• Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results.
• Support spacecraft assembly, subsystem test, environmental test, pack & ship operations and launch site processing.
• Collaborate with engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve problems.
• Create and work in a team environment while implementing Continuous Process Improvement.
• Be able to give/take work direction to/from team members.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks and 3 years of experience.
• Experience and/or knowledge of proper use of standard hand tools.
• Electrical harness experience and/or electrical troubleshooting skills.
• Knowledge or experience with engineering drawings or blueprints.
• Must be able to calculate and measure (fractions and decimals).
• Ability to complete routine work instructions with general supervision and complete jobs in new lines of work or special assignments with detailed work instructions.
• Ability to work shift work and weekend work required.
• US Citizen.
• Knowledge or experience of Assembly, Test, and/or Launch Operations.
• Mechanical experience/background – spacecraft operations, aircraft/aviation power plant, automotive, and/or manufacturing experience in addition to military experience.
• A&P License preferred.
• Knowledge or experience with overhead crane operations, Personal Arial Lifting Devices (PALDs) and forklift operations.
• Knowledge of general test equipment operations.
• Knowledge of mechanisms.
• Knowledge of environmental test operations.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: No Career Area: Technicians Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First