4 months ago
Electro-Optical Engineer, Staff
Job ID: 458579BR Date posted: Oct. 30, City: Sunnyvale State: CaliforniaProgram: Next Gen OPIR, Block 0
Description:Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company's Optical Payload Center of Excellence is seeking candidate for electro-optic (EO) Payload System development with a focus on the integrated Payload System. The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will include overseeing all aspects of the development and integration activities of our subcontractors E-O Payload System and assuring that the hardware and software meets the needs of the program. As the Certified Product Engineer (CPE), the candidate, in concert with the subcontractor team, will provide technical support for hardware design, hardware and software interface compatibility, verification event development, test program coordination and hardware delivery. They may be asked to support the develop of Payload system level impacts for risks and opportunities, ConOp development, Payload system level requirements generation and flowdown across multiple components.
The position responsibilities include:
• Technical management of the subcontractor hardware teams
• Understanding of the Specifications and derived requirements flowdown, the Payload System architecture, ConOp, and interface requirements
• Oversee the requirements development, flowdown and verification events including support for overall test program and data trending program development
• Assure the subcontractor understands the requirements and needs of the program.
• Work with the IPT, CPEs, Subcontract Manager and Program Management to coordinate Payload System level impacts
• Review and understand the technical content of design reviews at the Payload and component levels, consult with LM program management, and ensure successful closure of all action items and design artifacts
• Support resolution of test failures, hardware anomalies, and provide support to system engineering during critical program milestones
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Electro-Optics, Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent with 14 years or MS and 12 years
• Background in development of space flight E-O payloads, subsystems, or major components
• CPE or delegate CPE experience for flight hardware
• Experience developing material for and presenting technical material
• Experience working with leadership and IPTs
• Good communication skills
• Willingness to travel
• Ability to obtain a security
• Experience leading technical teams.
• Experience with technical interaction with subcontractors
• Familiarity with LM engineering command media
• Engineering Team Lead, or Lead CPE or delegate Lead CPE experience on a development program
• CPE certification
• Experience in all phases of the development cycle
• Experience working with specialty engineering - PMP approvals, reliability analysis, contamination modeling, material applications, parts engineering, etc.
• Experience in verification and test planning, management, and execution of AI&T phase elements
• Knowledge of optical payload suppliers and products
• Experience working on a subcontract management team
• Experienced in architecture definition, system design, debug and test of aerospace E-O Payloads.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Electro-Optical Engineering Clearance Level: None Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First