about 1 month ago
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description:We are searching for an Electro-Mechanical Assembler at our Power Management - Ayer MA , location.
You will demonstrate success by:* Responsible for performing a wide variety of mechanical and electrical tasks associated with the development, manufacture, or repair of products. Duties will include performing complex mechanical assembly on repair units (RMA’s) on a number of different products using hand tools and some light power tools. The size and complexity of the product varies greatly from a small table top unit to a large console.
* Tracking the units in and updating the current status of these units requires solid understanding of MRP systems (Costpoint) and Excel.
* A large percentage of the time is spent in the system entering or researching material status of the parts required to complete the unit and creating the routing for the repair of the equipment.
* Basic wiring and soldering experience is preferred but not required. Must be able to work independently, interpret assembly drawings and follow verbal/written work instructions to produce a high quality unit within the allotted time frame.
* Must have good computer skills with Word and Excel to be able to open and modify documents. Some overtime may be required at peak times.
* May float & perform work assignments in other departments if necessary.
* Possessing the ability to work as part of a team and to have a positive attitude is essential.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:* Integrity
* Requires 3 - 5 years of related mechanical or electro-mechanical experience.
* Work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required to resolve problems and make recommendations.
* Requires ability to work from established drawings and detailed work instructions using reading, writing, and math skills.
* Ability to repair/adjust equipment needed to perform assigned tasks.
* Position requires a complete understanding of the English language and the ability to lift 25 lbs.
* Works independently with minimal supervision and follows standard operating procedures.
* May assist in training other employees.
* HS Diploma with some higher education preferred.
* IPC620 and J-STD - 1F Certification preferred
L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
US Security Clearance Required
:Day - 1st
:Maritime Services Operations-20003657
:Sep 18, 2019, 9:40:03 PM