about 1 year ago
About the GTAA
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND CONNECT THE WORLD – Toronto Pearson is Canada’s leading global hub airport. Help to drive our vision to become the best airport in the world. Together, we will demonstrate that our passengers are our passion, by showing respect, integrity and delivering innovative products and services.
Under the direction of the Manager, Electrical Systems, T3 Baggage/ Aircraft Support Systems or Maintenance Response, the incumbents will be responsible for maintaining: all airport electrical power and distribution installations both building and airside.
* Maintain all illumination devices and lighting systems
* Ensure the continuing integrity of power supply by testing emergency power devices
* Check and adjust normal and back-up power systems,
* Maintain airfield lighting control systems, baggage systems, passenger boarding bridge and associated gate equipment
* Diagnose electrical equipment faults (including electronic components)
* Check and test fire alarm systems, auto messaging systems, monitoring systems and implementing necessary repairs
* The incumbents will also be responsible for installing new electrical services in facilities including sizing conduit and/or cable runs, carrying out installation work and testing the completed job;
* Provide supervision and monitoring of electrical maintenance, repair and project work being performed by outside contractors, and observing the work being done by contractor personnel. Also, ensure that it is being completed in accordance with contract specifications, report to the Electrical Manager and/or the Technical Specialist/Supervisors on the quality of the work performed and recommend its acceptance or rejection
* The successful candidate will possess: a minimum an OSSGD Secondary School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three years of experience in an Electrical maintenance position.
* Previous experience with electrical and/or mechanical system and/or equipment related to Building and Construction operations is required
* The incumbent will possess a valid Ontario Certificate of Qualification as an Electrician (Construction and Maintenance Electrical 309 A License)
* A valid class “G” Ontario Driver’s license is required
* In addition, the successful candidate must also have or be able to obtain “DA” AVOP for Buildings within 30 days of appointment to position
* Must have a fully satisfactory work performance in his/her current position and a work record that is void of discipline and unacceptable attendance that would have a bearing on the duties, roles and responsibilities of the posted position)
* Must be able to obtain and retain a Transportation Security Clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* The successful candidate will have experience in: maintaining power supplies; providing periodic testing, recording, checking and maintaining emergency generators, fire alarm systems and other monitoring systems.
* He/she will also have experience in: Installation of new electrical services in various facilities.
* Have the ability to work with general electrical systems ranging from replacing lighting fixtures to performing switchgear maintenance, as well as supervising and assisting contractors work on specific Electrical systems.
* The ability to read and interpret various information data types, such as as-built drawings, Electronic drawings including layout plans and electrical schematics is required, as is the ability to facilitate installations and perform troubleshooting and repairs.
* Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills in order to work on systems, and with tenants, agencies and other airport service companies
* Ability to diagnose electrical equipment faults and recommend corrective actions; understand safety and standard operating procedures; interpret wiring diagrams related power and control systems, fire alarm systems, etc.
We offer a fast-paced, stimulating environment along with an attractive salary/benefit package commensurate with experience. Please forward your résumé to Careerport at the following link:
The GTAA is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.