8 months ago
STS Technical Services is Hiring Electrical Technicians in Melbourne, Florida!
STS Technical Services is actively seeking qualified candidates for a Sr Mfg Test Equipment Engineering Technician position in Melbourne, FL. Our client is a leading manufacturer and suppliers of sophisticated electronic products supporting both defense and commercial applications.
* Must be willing and able to perform in a fluid and dynamic production environment with rapidly changing priorities, managing multiple simultaneous tasks, and abbreviated development schedules
* Primary responsibility is to independently work on projects and successfully complete project activities on time with little direct daily supervision
* Requires the ability to make some judgment calls related to resolving issues
* May occasionally work a flexible schedule on 2nd shift or weekends if workload and operations scheduling requires it
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Support engineering with a variety of moderately complex engineering duties and/or hands-on tasks
* Able to work independently for a weekly basis
* Competent technical expertise
* Comfortable with the shop/laboratory and equipment
* Assists in design, build and/or procurement of new or improved machines, tools, fixtures and material handling equipment and coordinating the implementation
* Responsible for completing process documentation, bill of materials, etc.
* Reviews project instructions and drawings to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problem and possible solutions, and to support the design for manufacture
* Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified electrical and/or mechanical components or assemblies for products
* Sets up and conducts tests of units and components
* Analyzes test results related to the design and test objectives and adjusts equipment to bring within specifications
* Records these test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test methods
* Provides and develops documentation to maintain equipment
* May lead technician teams in development or mentor other technicians
* Provides hands-on feedback to engineers
* Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
* A.S. in Electronics, Computer Engineering or related technical field equivalent combination of education and experience
* Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience doing repair, bring-up, debug, integration, and maintenance of automated test equipment
* Experience with EO / IR systems
* Able to use MS Office products, including Visio
* Experience with the repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of existing hardware and subsystems utilized for product and product testing.
* Must have a strong set of computer skills and abilities.
* Experience assembling (Racks, Cables, Circuit Cards, Run Boxes, etc.), and the integration, bring up and debug of new hardware and systems.
* Experience supporting engineers on complex technical activities related to various electrical and electro-mechanical equipment and systems.
* Candidate must have the ability to work with many types of electrical and mechanical shop/ laboratory equipment
* US Citizenship or US Person status required
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call. .
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.