about 1 year ago
The Electrical Engineering Project Manager (EPM) is responsible for leading all the activities associated with a specific Electronic Product Design & Development Engineering Project or Projects for Military Programs. The Project Manager must demonstrate the ability to identify and understand critical path and dependencies as related to the project and how it strategically fits into the overall Technology Road map and Strategic Business initiatives.
The Electrical Engineering Project Manager is responsible for leading the matrix project team to the successful completion of an assigned Product Design & Development Projects. The EPM will be responsible to evaluate critical technical project related issues and risk assessments and communicate with the Customer, Program Management, Engineering Functional Manager and Director of Engineering. Seeking those experienced in the management of Military Design.
In addition you will:
* Provide leadership on assigned projects to ensure financial and contractual execution through established company procedures
* Deliver professional, high quality results to customers
* Support project proposal development including scope definition, configuration, implementation, tracking and control of projects
* Estimate budgets and track costs of projects, and is accountable for meeting project budget targets
* Lead multi-disciplinary project team including coaching and technical direction to meet project deliverables
* Develop scope-of-work specifications including those of contractors / subcontractors where appropriate
* Work closely with other disciplines including Engineering & Sourcing
* Provide regular updates to project owners
* Lead the execution of design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound Engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
* Recommend approaches to meet the technical and program requirements
* Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical requirements, scheduling, and contract commitments
* Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems
* Provide technical leadership to other personnel and assigned teams; mentor others in the organization
* Anticipate resource skill needs on assigned projects, and work with Program Managers and Functional Managers to fill needs
* Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and / or tasks consistent with Engineering policies and procedures
* Monitor and communicate project status, business issues, and significant developments
* Lead or participate in organizational efforts in assigned projects and/or tasks
* Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
* Support customer meetings with Program Manager, which include preparation of presentation material for design reviews and technical information reviews
* Support bid and proposal estimates using work breakdown structure methodologies to estimate the labor and material
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited College or University
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Product Design & Development Engineering Project Management or Project Leadership position and / or an Aerospace or Avionics Engineering role
* Willingness and ability to travel at least 10-20% of the time
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Demonstrated competency in using standard project management tools
* Ability to apply advanced aspects of the engineering field and quality assurance concepts to solve practical business problems
* Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to successfully lead a team in a highly technical matrixed environment
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
* Capable of developing and writing specifications in an engineering environment
* Strong quality mindset
* Six Sigma Green Belt certification
* Ability to apply managerial and leadership concepts and techniques (plan, execute, direct, coach, mentor, evaluate, and control) in executing individual and team priorities
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE Aviation - Electrical Power, PB is a recognized leader in the design and manufacture of custom-engineered power conversion and cockpit control panels. Located in Pompano Beach, FL, EP-PB is a predominately US Military supplier providing equipment for a wide variety of land based and aircraft applications including air transport, rotorcraft and military fixed wing. We have been servicing major customers of Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon and General Dynamics for more than 50 years. Our staff of dedicated professionals has consistently applied creative engineering solutions to support mission critical requirements. These solutions have repeatedly been successfully applied with state of the art manufacturing techniques in both high and low volume production programs. Our Engineering site is housed in a 30,000 square foot facility, designed specifically to provide vertical integration of the broad range of capabilities required to give us control of all aspects of the design, development, prototype build, qualification, manufacturing and test of products. These capabilities include: computer aided design centers, Engineering Laboratories, transformer manufacturing capability, fully integrated assembly and testing, as well as EMI, vibration and complete environmental testing laboratory. We are a complete engineering design center utilizing digital, analog and creative packaging technologies to develop and qualify new products. Many of these new products support advanced power conversion requirements for a wide range of applications that include state of the art radar and laser systems. Pompano Beach is located just outside of Ft. Lauderdale, FL offering beautiful southern Florida weather all year round!
Learn more about our community!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE works on things that matter.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Florida; Pompano Beach
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.