2 months ago
Electrical Engineering Manager, Firmware -
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Are you looking for an opportunity to challenge both your technical and people development skills? The Firmware Manager role at L3Harris WESCAM requires both in equal parts. You'll be leading a high-performance team of 12 FPGA Designers and Verification professionals who are all working together to bring our state-of-art products to market. This is a passionate team that also demands the same level of commitment from their leader. Does this sound like you? Apply today and we'll talk.
* Technical responsibility of the FPGA development process for all assigned products designed at L3Harris Wescam.
* Provide leadership, guidance and mentorship of an engaged, high performing engineering team to meet or exceed company goals.
* Training, coaching and career development of professional staff.
* Continuous feedback of staff performance as well as yearly performance reviews.
* Participate in technical design reviews to ensure FPGA design integrity is achieved.
* Develop and maintain the FPGA engineering design practices, processes and standards.
* Estimate and validate the cost and schedule requirements of assigned FPGA design work packages.
* Balance labor demand and create the flexibility to respond to changing load while meeting commitments.
* Source and develop external FPGA design resources to meet fluctuating resource requirements.
* Work with the Director of Electrical Engineering to create and flow down engineering goals to the team.
* Provide the required metrics, reports and performance measures to the Director of Electrical Engineering.
* Provide FPGA technical support to other areas of the organization outside engineering.
* Develop a strong presence across the organization to maximize collaboration and synergy on cross functional projects and initiatives to meet company commitments.
* Participate as an engineering representative in company meetings outside engineering.
* Watch for new technologies and trends that may impact present and future product development.
* Complete other tasks as assigned by the Director of Electrical Engineering.
* Demonstrated ability to lead and engage a high performing engineering team to successfully meet goals.
* Application of lean project management methodologies.
* Development of team performance measures and metrics.
* Design, implementation and validation of complex embedded FPGA products.
* Strong background in VHDL/Verilog for FPGA synthesis.
* Strong background in System Verilog for FPGA verification.
* Development of FPGA architecture to support continuous integration / continuous build.
* Demonstrated understanding of source control management system best practices.
* Demonstrated understanding of issue management and resolution best practices.
* Successful estimation and execution of complex FPGA design work packages.
* Track record of establishing strong relationships with leaders across the organization to get things done.
* Track record for successfully assessing and hiring the best talent for the team.
Development of complex electronic and software systems
Desired Experience and Education
* Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent
* Minimum of 15 years of experience in FPGA design
Life at L3HARRIS WESCAM
Our work environment is both challenging and dynamic – our physical environment is state of the art. Here’s what you can expect as an L3Harris WESCAM employee
* Every other Friday off (paid – with our rare 9/80 work schedule)
* Free on-site gym
* Free wellness programs
* Free fruit and bagels
* Subsidized cafeterias
* Beach Volleyball courts
* 26 acres of forested land with hiking and biking trails in the heart of Burlington
* Work/Life balance that is supported
* Real opportunities for growth and development
* Everyone’s role at L3HARRIS WESCAM contributes to saving people’s lives
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3Harris WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally-protected groups. For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin you career with us just let us know and we will take care of you.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L3 Wescam