8 months ago
Sierra Nevada Corporation's Communication, Navigation, Surveillance / Air Traffic Management business is continuing to grow and seeks qualified and highly motivated individuals to join our team in Sparks, NV.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will support systems engineering activities within the SNC Navigation and Landing Systems (NLS) product line, our radar based landing systems team focused on developing and producing improvement, upgrades and next generation versions of military aircraft navigation and takeoff and landing systems.
This position offers the opportunity to work with a team of highly talented engineers on exciting programs utilizing cutting edge technologies to provide our customers with innovative, state-of-the-art products.
In return for the above, you can expect challenging work alongside some of today’s brightest engineers and scientists, competitive salary, industry leading benefits and excellent growth opportunities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE NLS PRODUCT LINE SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER:
* Work as a member of a Product Engineering team and ensure electrical engineering requirements are satisfied during the development of products.
* Lead the design and development of complex digital, analog, software interfaces, and FPGAs. Support simulation, development board configuration, unit testing, system integration testing, lab test and ground/flight testing.
* Create test plans and procedures for test and qualification of the electrical portion of the system.
* Understand, plan, and execute engineering design and development activities in accordance with SNC’s SEI-CMMI Maturity Level 3, ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100:2009 compliant processes and specific customer quality, cost and schedule requirements.
* Compose and present technical and status data at technical interchange meetings and design reviews.
* Support continuous process improvement, helping to develop and improve processes to positively impact product quality, performance and increase productivity.
* BS in Electrical Engineering or related field.
* At least 10+ years’ of relevant experience in electrical engineering design of circuit cards and assemblies for complex systems.
* Detailed knowledge and experience in application of electronic design to complex architectures employing digital, analog, software interfaces, and FPGAs
* Proficiency with schematic capture tools a must.
* Proficiency with electrical analysis tools a must.
* Proficiency with tools like Excel a must.
Basic Qualifications – Preferred
* Experience with systems incorporating RF receivers and transmitters is preferable.
* Experience with systems operating at 2 GHz or greater is a significant plus.
* Experience with Naval shipboard systems is a significant plus
* Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field
* Willing to travel for the purposes of presentations, field testing, and interaction with customers and subcontractors.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.