Salary competitive (DOE)
We have an opportunity to join a leader within aerospace, with regards to building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Aiming to make future air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free, they are pushing technological boundaries and developing novel solutions.
This opportunity is for a Sensors Engineer, to focus on the integration of a wide variety of sensors for aircraft control.
- Working across disciplines to create specifications for the required sensors
- Identifying and solving airframe, system & sensor integration issues
- Engaging effectively across related disciplines to ensure quality and robust design solutions that are understood by people with varied technical backgrounds
- Managing relationships and working closely with partners and suppliers of hardware, software and technical services
- Supporting the Test team as required to explore and validate technical solutions
Qualifications / Experience
- Educated to degree level or higher in Engineering, Physics or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of the current sensing technologies
- Experience working with complex sensors
- Able to apply experience to small vehicles of novel design and operational characteristics
- Good supporting knowledge of control design and aircraft flight characteristics
- Understanding of the role of simulation in fast-paced engineering programmes
- Passionate about technology and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment where flexibility is essential
- Communication of complex ideas so that they are understood by different audiences
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Experience working with multiple types of air vehicle, including rotorcraft/multi-rotors
- Direct involvement in flight test programmes
- Good supporting knowledge of hardware/software development and system integration
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at the company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now for more details by sending your CV via the link provided and we will be in touch for a confidential discussion.