8 months ago
* SNC’s Space Systems is looking for an energetic and innovative electrical engineer to support our expanding efforts in both manned and unmanned spacecraft. Candidate will design and develop rugged, high reliability electronic equipment for use on spacecraft with applications that include servo mechanisms, electro-mechanical systems, power management, communications, telemetry and health monitoring. This individual will create conceptual designs, perform circuit analysis, developed detailed designs, oversee fabrication and test of development equipment and participate in reviews with customers and suppliers. This individual will coordinate with procurement and production personnel during design and fabrication to develop an effective design for both performance and manufacturability. Candidates shall have experience with electronic design and analysis software (Pspice, Simulink), Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Candidates should have excellent communication skills and possess an understanding of a broad range of electronics, including system level applications. An understanding of electronics integrated into electro-mechanical systems is desired.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions and specific Customer requirements
* Responsible for the design and development of units from concept through qualification and delivery
* Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings and schematics
* Originate specifications, drawings, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, and other documentation in support of design and development activities
* Work with other Engineers to implement operating procedures, resolve system issues and provide technical information
* Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews
* Ensure conformance of products with Engineering design and performance specifications
* Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost and schedule requirements
* Conduct research that tests and analyze the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems
* Initiate problem solving for new product designs and as well as existing products
* Participate in design integration with customer requirements and industry standards
* Assemble, test, and maintain circuitry or electronic components according to engineering instructions, spaceflight industry standards, technical manuals and knowledge of electronics
* Estimate costs and submit bids for Engineering
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Perform other duties as required by more senior engineer(s) or Program Manager
* 6+ years minimum Electrical Engineering design experience
* Space flight electronics design experience preferred
* Motion control electronics experience Desired
* 4 year Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering. Masters preferred.
* Ability / desire to design electrical circuits for motion control applications
* Knowledge of Spacecraft Electronics requirements is a plus (EEE Parts selection, Worst Case Analysis, Derating, Etc)
* Ability to create/revise technical documents
* Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with emphasis in rapid prototyping
* Candidate must be a self-starter, highly motivated individual capable of multi-tasking
* Ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance may be required
* Ability to travel occasionally
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.