4 months ago
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Initiate problem solving for new product designs and as well as existing products
Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions and specific Customer requirements
Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, and other documentation in support of design and development activities
Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews
Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost and schedule requirements
Participate in design integration with customer requirements and industry standards
Maintains logs and manuals to document testing and operation of equipment
Assemble, test, and maintain circuitry or electronic components according to engineering instructions, technical manuals and knowledge of electronics
Responsible for the design and development of units from concept through qualification
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
Other duties as assigned
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
Ability to travel occasionally
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Requires a BS in Related Field.
* Ability to work remote from Warner Robins, Georgia
* 6+ years of related experience
* Knowledge of interface and design documentation such as Functional block diagrams
* PCB design, layout, and fabrication documentation skills
* This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.