7 months ago
Electrical Engineer (FPGA) 5
Electrical Engineering position with emphasis in VHDL/System Verilog Development and Digital Signal Processing. Requires knowledge of digital communication theory, experience in embedded processing, and experience in FPGA development utilizing VHDL and/or System Verilog. Candidate should also be knowledgeable about Matlab and proficient in embedded software (C). Candidate will work as part of a product development team in one or more of the following areas: algorithm modeling and simulation, coding using VHDL and/or System Verilog, Digital Signal Processing, FPGA development for Xilinx or Intel devices. Duties may include: design, simulation, implementation, and testing of hardware products; design/test documentation (specifications, design documents, test plan/procedures, etc.). Application areas include Digital Signal Processing, Audio/Data Distribution, and Communications for airborne Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance systems.
L-3 Aerospace Systems searching for an Electrical Engineer. The scope of the position requires a proven track-record with a range of responsibilities spanning the following areas: requirements definition, conceptual trade studies, design and analysis, procurement, as well as integration and testing of FPGA designs. Electrical Engineers are responsible for leading engineering analysis/evaluation efforts related to complex digital hardware systems, documenting design approaches, establishing design verification and validation procedures, and developing plans to manufacture and test sensor systems and major sub-assemblies. Senior members of our design staff are technical leaders possessing expert understanding of electrical engineering principles in digital hardware designs.
Leading Xilinx or Intel Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) Development
Leading engineering analysis and evaluation efforts of complex digital electronic systems in the area of digital communications and/or digital signal processing
Documenting design approaches, establishing design verification and validation procedures, and developing plans to manufacture and test digital hardware units and subassemblies
* Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering along with 9+ years of experience in developing electronic hardware for Aerospace & Military Defense applications is required.
* Experience in FPGA design & development, analysis, integration, reliability, and risk mitigation for digital communication or digital signal processing products is required
* Excellent oral, written and presentation skills for interfacing with senior management and customers as well as mentoring of associate engineers is required
* Experience as a lead engineer is required
* Experience utilizing Xilinx and Intel FPGA development tools suites is required
* Experience with Xilinx Vivado tool suit is required
* Experience in digital signal processing (DSP) is highly desired
* Experience with Xilinx Vivado HLS tool is desired
* Experience in Universal Verification Method (UVM) is desired
Experience generating cost & schedule plans and estimates is desired
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance at the Top Secret level which requires US citizenship.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity. We maintain a drug free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Sector - ISR Systems-21000012
Sep 26, 2018, 4:31:11 PM