2 months ago
Requisition ID: 13089
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Electrical Engineer - Flight and Maintenance Training Simulators to join our team in Binghamton, NY (2310). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Perform assignments requiring use and application of electrical engineering or scientific development principles and techniques. Assignments usually consist of solving problems that are a part of a larger project or system. Uses independent judgment to make decisions in day-to-day job responsibilities the majority of the time under general supervision.
* Expanded product and technology domain knowledge and knowledge of hardware processes, tools, methods, work flow, and best practices.
* Develop and document changes to hardware requirements documentation applying knowledge of processes, tools and methods for the management and tracking of hardware requirements baseline.
* Design, analyze, test, integrate, qualify and document hardware of moderate complexity including multiple Engineering Change Orders. Work closely with other engineering disciplines (i.e. mechanical, software and systems engineering) to ensure the electrical design in appropriate for the project/product design approach.
* Understands and utilizes the appropriate RC processes and tools during product development, resulting in increased product quality and improving customer satisfaction.
* Contribute to hardware engineering requirements capture, analysis and creation for moderate complexity components of electrical designs.
* Participate in cross-functional team efforts in integration, pre- qualification and qualification for products and sub-systems of moderate complexity.
* Contribute to the engineering estimates for moderate scope electrical design problems.
* Individual job duties may vary.
Product developed in Binghamton: Individual will be part of a project team responsible for designing and developing air and ground vehicle Flight and Maintenance Training Simulators for military and civilian use. Current Project is working on a Maintenance Trainer for a US Navy aircraft.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* Experience with AutoCAD 2011, or equivalent 2D CAD tool, to create schematics and cable assembly drawings.
* Experience with utilizing MS Office Applications.
* U.S. Citizen with ability to get clearance if necessary at a future time
* Training Simulator Design Experience
* Working Military Contract Experience
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.