4 months ago
Electrical Engineer - Circuits
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
This engineering position in the Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies Purchased Products organization has direct responsibility for assuring that the discrete, externally produced electrical components selected for use in critical national security applications meet or exceed the stringent requirements and expectations of our internal customers and stakeholders. Partnering with manufacturers, design agencies, quality organizations and purchasing teams, the Procurement Engineer will manage the development of a strategic supply base for commercial, mil-spec, and specialty designed components utilized in the manufacture of products for all legacy and emerging programs at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
• Primarily responsible for purchased product engineering oversight of commercial and custom electrical and electronic components.
• Establishes the confidence of, and effective influential authority with, vendors and suppliers as required to assure requirements compliance and uninterrupted delivery of high specification devices.
• Strong presentation and communication skills.
• Leverages technical competence to determine best outcome solutions and exercises familiarity with discrete components to facilitate continued source reliability.
• Establishes and maintains strong technical partnerships with National Laboratory counterparts to assure technical capability and neutralize potential risks and vulnerabilities with commercial, mil-spec and specialty type components.
• Performs analysis of moderately complex engineering evaluation tests and directs enhanced evaluations as required to assure reliable component delivery and quality.
• Analyzes processes, products, and inspection results to anticipate, identify, and correct problems and to establish quality levels and trends.
• Prepares product or project definitions, manufacturing drawings and specifications, and test equipment designs as appropriate.
• Evaluate whether definitions and requirements are met to assure delivery and quality, and prepare alternate solution if requirements aren’t met
• Partners and collaborates with design, supply, process and customer stakeholders to drive excellence and surety in critical components for national security applications.
Plan and execute project tasks
Ensure project and product compliance
Consult with vendors and suppliers
Establish and follow methodologies
Propose technical improvements
YOU MUST HAVE:
• U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain U.S. DOE “Q” level security clearance.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent discipline from an ABET accredited institution.
• A minimum of five years directly-applicable experience with electrical component selection, evaluation and procurement.
• A broad knowledge of electrical component manufacturing and/or quality processes and techniques.
• Experience working with electrical device suppliers, vendors and customers.
• Prior experience in PeopleSoft ERP application system.
• Prior experience Primavera P6 scheduling application.
• Six sigma qualification.
• Strong computer management and technical literacy.
• Travel 25%.
• Experience in the development of strategic supply base for procurement of components
• High tolerance for ambiguity and change coupled with demonstrated ability to meet commitments without supervision.
NOTE: Position is targeted at the Engineering II level. Candidates presenting more experience may be apply and may be considered for higher level engineering classification (Engineer III, Engineer Sr) commensurate with candidate credentials and as warranted by business requirements.
* JOB ID: req186046
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
* Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell FM&T Overview