10 months ago
Electrical Engineer - Avionics
Responsibilities and Qualifications
* Specialize in design/simulate/test of circuits for avionics applications
* Be responsible for circuit designs covering serial bus, discrete digital, analog conditioning, and power switching as needed
* Assist in researching parts for use in safety critical applications, discussing with suppliers and requesting quotes when necessary
* Support PCB design and test as part of a project team
* Proficiency with Altium Designer or other major circuit design CAD package a must
* Design experience with emphasis on embedded system design, power management, and/or electrical signal characterization
* Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
* Minimum of five (5) years of progressively ambitious work experience
* High level of technical skill, attention to detail, and good written and oral communication skills are required
* Experience with command and data handling or other safety critical systems a big plus
* Experience in design for harsh environments a plus, more so for the space environment
* Experience with parametric solid modeling
* Experience in a small company environment is preferred
* Knowledge of AS9100, ISO 9001 or equivalent quality systems
* Knowledge of aviation or aerospace standards is a plus
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.