2 months ago
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD US
CACI is seeking an Electrical Engineer to support the US Army Intelligence and Information Warfare Directorate’s (I2WD) R&D efforts by testing tactical communication systems. Ideal candidate will play key role in testing current fielded (legacy) and future advanced prototype equipment (next generation), and in determining interoperability with other fielded systems at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Operating lab equipment including: Network Analyzers, Signal Analyzers, Signal Generators, Oscilloscopes, and custom test equipment.
Working with Government and outside vendors to perform system interoperability testing.
Performing test planning and execution, to include test plan development, equipment setup, data recording, and troubleshooting problems.
Repairing damaged test devices to maintain performance and functionality.
Developing test summaries to include results, conclusions, and recommendations.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
BA/BS EE and 5 years experience in an RF test environment.
An understanding of RF communications.
Experience in RF system interoperability testing.
Experience in electronics engineering.
Experience using benchtop RF equipment including Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, and other equipment.
Experience performing standard RF measurements (e.g. occupied bandwidth, average power, pulse width) using the previous listed test equipment.
Experience writing formal test reports.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Experience in Army Tactical communications systems, to include the Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System (SINCGARS) radio family.
* Experience testing/characterizing software defined radios (SDR).
* Able to interface with radio units in order to transmit or receive RF signals.
* Basic Matlab (and other basic programming/scripting) skills.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Aberdeen Proving Ground-MD-BALTIMORE
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.