11 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation (NASDAQ: ATRO) serves the world's aerospace, defense, and semiconductor industries with proven, innovative technology solutions. We work side-by-side with customers, integrating our array of power, connectivity, lighting, structure, interior, and test technologies to solve complex challenges. For 50 years, we've delivered creative, customer-focused solutions with exceptional responsiveness. Today global airframe manufacturers, airlines, military branches, completion centers, and Fortune 500 companies rely on the collaborative spirit and innovation of Astronics.
We offer our breadth of technology solutions and services through 11 subsidiary business units and numerous award-winning product brands. Serving our customers is our first priority, and every day we honor this mission with quality, partnership, and energetic global vision.
Electrical Engineer (AeroSat)
Astronics AeroSat keeps people connected no matter where they fly. For over a decade, Astronics AeroSat has provided fuselage- and tail-mounted SATCOM solutions for general aviation, business aviation, commercial transport, VVIP, and military aircraft around the world. We design and manufacture fuselage and tail-mounted antenna systems that provide revolutionary global broadband and television services for passengers and crew.
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to work as part of a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex systems. This position is working on new products and enhancement of existing products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for highly complex design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation of electronic apparatus, components, or circuitry for use in electronic equipment and devices
* Work in a team environment to coordinate the PCB board layout/placement/fabrication and testing activities pursuant to the project
* Collaborate with Mechanical Engineers to verify correct circuit board mechanical configurations
* Create and maintain all design documentation to include: electrical block diagrams with schematics with company-standard title block, board-level functional descriptions/theory of operation and descriptions of diagnostics/fault isolation
* Apply risk management practices to determine priorities ensuring that projects are on time, within budget and fulfilling all contractual and technical requirements
* Troubleshoot and assist coordination with the Production Team of prototypes to validate designs
* Analyzes designs to establish operating data and conducts experimental tests
* Generate test procedures for each board and the application module which will be used to verify the design of each and used as a baseline for future iterations of the boards
* Identify areas for improvement and/or risks in the board designs and make recommendations
* Investigates manufacturing costs and suggest design, process, and improvements
* The possibility of 10% travel
Qualifications and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in engineering (preferably electrical) or scientific field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* 5 to 10 years’ of related experience
* Knowledge of CPU, power supply, ARINC 429, motor drivers and Ethernet interface driver design, discrete component level, and digital design with embedded controller, PIC and various CPUs, EMI design testability design
* Knowledge of designs as they pertain to aircraft systems
* Able to communicate complex technical information to all levels of the organization, able to clearly present data in written and verbal form
* Able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment but also be able to take initiative and work independently at times
* Strong time management skills with the ability to successfully perform within a project framework including defined deliverables and timeframes
* Concurrently work to solve immediate issues while maintaining a vision of the future
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
* Effective problem solving and root-cause analytical skills
* This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation.
* While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and or arms to pull handles and push buttons and reach objects. Requirements may also include climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, reaching, kneeling, crouching or crawling. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Astronics AeroSat Corporation
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.