3 months ago
Electrical/ Electronics Engineer
Job ID: 468149BR Date posted: Jan. 22, City: Fort Worth State: TexasProgram: Integrated Fighter Group
Description:Perform duties as an Electronics Engineering for IFG electrical power generating systems and subsystem controllers. This position reports to the Manager of IFG Electrical Systems & Specialty.
The successful candidate will be responsible for integration of the components in the IFG Subsystem Controllers and Electrical Power Subsystems, but not be limited to the following:
- Support in the development & qualification of new or upgrading electrical power generating equipment including generator, converter, inverter, battery, battery charger, and subsystem controllers
- Creation of subsystem hardware design requirements
- Creation of test plan and test procedure
- Testing of electronic components, subsystems, and system integration
- Definition of hardware requirements for the electric power control, protection and distribution line replaceable units,
- Review of aircraft power system equipment design and component selection and specification
- Support in performance of system architecture trade studies and system verifications
- Field troubleshooting including working with clients over the phone, or on site to resolve problems that would prevent or hamper flight.
- Support management of diminishing manufacturing sources (DMS) by providing assistance in the selection and use of electrical/electronic components including devices such as microcontrollers, fiber optic transceivers, power management circuits, storage devices, switches and multiplexers, voltage reference devices
** Active Secret clearance is required.
- Knowledge of aircraft power systems & controls
- Experience developing and qualifying electrical power systems & subsystem controllers
- Experience managing supplier performance for the procurement of electrical power systems & subsystem controllers
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- Develop components, subsystems, and system level requirements.
- Perform electrical load analysis
- Troubleshoot electrical problems in the production, test and field issues.
- Ability to represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Ability to deal with highly complex and challenging customer and supplier relationships
- Hands on experience with any portion of the F-16/F-22 power system or power user equipment
- Experience with communicating cross-functionally
- Innovative thinking Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and analytical skills.
- Ability to convey technical data and concepts in concise messages and presentations.
- Experience working with internal and external customers
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY Relocation Available: Yes Career Area: Electronics Engineering Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day Shift: First